Former prime minister and UBC track star John Turner has died at age 91.
The Canadian politician and lawyer served as the 17th prime minister of Canada from June 30 to September 17, 1984. He served as member of Parliament for Vancouver Quadra in the 1980s.
Marc Kealey, a former aide speaking on behalf of Turner’s relatives as a family friend, says Turner died peacefully in his sleep at home on Friday night.
Turner held several prominent cabinet posts, including minister of justice and minister of finance under former prime minister Pierre Trudeau.
In 1947, Turner set a national record for the 100-yard dash and was inducted into UBC’s Sports Hall of Fame.
With a file from Canadian Press
More to come …
- Reimagining پست-Covid اقتصاد
- جف Zweig و گرگ D'Avignon: قوی تر فردا برنامه ارائه می دهد طرح برای غنی بازیابی
- On the move
- این Placekicker با راست تو
- پنگوئن ارائه بازپرداخت برای لغو بازی
- The Consequences of Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Death for American Democracy
- B. C. زن به ضرب گلوله پلیس در نیوبرانزویک
- پلیس به دنبال مظنون که تهدید Sunshine Coast قطب توتم
- Conservatives Are Already Whitewashing the Trump Years
- های حذفی مجموعه ای برای غرب پنسیلوانیا تابستان لیگ بیس بال